Your One-Stop-Shop to Nail the Audition and Book the Job
Have you ever felt...
- Overwhelmed trying to find a voice teacher, vocal coach, AND a pianist?
- Frustrated having to shop around to get piano tracks, repertoire ideas, song cuts, or help learning a new song?
- Discouraged by how much all of this costs?
Pssst... Interested?⬇Join Our Mailing List
You're not alone!
Here's the good news.
Broadway Vocal Coach is your one-stop-shop for all things vocal-coaching related.
So you can nail your audition and book the job.
If you've ever said to yourself, "I wish I could get what I need, all in one place," then BVC was created just for you.
Imagine how it would feel to...
- Get expert vocal coaching, audition cuts, repertoire re-vamps, piano tracks, & career advice
- Access all of these services in one place, whenever you need them
- Sing and be coached in a studio class multiple times a month
- Be part of a supportive community where you are held accountable for your goals
- Pay less for all of these services than what you might for just one voice lesson each month
Broadway Vocal Coach Membership
Co-founded by Cynthia Kortman Westphal and Chelsea Wilson—two women actively working in the professional theatre industry.
Our mission at Broadway Vocal Coach is to help all singing actors have the best chance of success. We provide professional coaching and music services to help you achieve your goals.
Get one-on-one coaching on your material and vocal performance in group Studio Classes.
Your one-stop-shop for instant advice, help with cuts, repertoire revamps, and professional feedback.
Professional Music Services
Piano tracks, repertoire ideas, transpositions, sheet music prep and more are all available to you, from the very best in the business.
Work with industry leaders, Broadway stars, and wellness practitioners in our Special Guest Series each month.
We know what you need to succeed in this business.
Cynthia Kortman Westphal
co-founder and coach
- Music Director for Bway/Nat'l tours: COME FROM AWAY, THE LION KING, A CHRISTMAS STORY, FASCINATING RHYTHM & more
- Tenured professor of Musical Theatre at the University of Michigan
- Professional voice teacher and Certified Master Trainer in Estill Voice
co-founder and coach
- Associate vocal coach for B'way/Tours/Off-B'way: THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, SCHOOL OF ROCK, ROCK OF AGES, JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR
- BFA from the University of Michigan's Musical Theatre program
- Professional voice teacher, and Ambassador and certified Mentor-level teacher with the Institute for Vocal Advancement (IVA)
Take their word for it
"I was very nervous when I was cast to make my Broadway debut as Zazu in THE LION KING. But I could tell as soon as my rehearsals began that I was in excellent hands with Cynthia Kortman Westphal teaching me the music. All of my fears and nervousness faded away and she made rehearsals fun and informative. She made sure I felt completely focused and ready by the time my opening night arrived. I have never spoken with anyone else that didn’t love and respect her as much as I do!”
THE LION KING, Broadway and National Tour for 21 years
Cynthia will help you find confidence in your voice as a singer and an artist, and she will empower you to find your individual sound in any musical style in a healthy and sustainable way. Because Cynthia is such a fabulous musician, she can help you create the perfect song arrangement for your audition, solo show, or audition book. Cynthia has a way of making you feel safe to explore and to make mistakes in her studio. Run, don't walk, to sign up for Broadway Vocal Coach! You will leave with a greater sense of self and with all the tools you need to book your dream roles.
Fulton Street Theatre and Papermill Playhouse
I started working with Chelsea in October of 2019, and five months later I booked my first Broadway show. I have her to thank for that. Before Chelsea, I had countless vocal issues—including two vocal surgeries—with almost as many vocal coaches. I came to her discouraged and broken. She quickly whipped me into shape. And now I finally understand my own voice because of her. I’m singing stronger, higher, and clearer than ever before.
MEAN GIRLS on Broadway, u/s Aaron Samuels
The BVC Membership is the first and only online coaching program of its kind.
When you join Broadway Vocal Coach, you get the following—every month!
Studio Classes 3x/mo • Valued at $450
Office Hours 4x/mo • Valued at $400
Special Guest Series 1x/mo • Valued at $200
Piano tracks • Valued at $100+
Audition Cuts • Valued at $100+
Resource Library • Valued at $1000+ (but actually priceless)
Total monthly value $2,250!