Community Agreement and Studio Policies
At Broadway Vocal Coach, our mission is to help ALL singing actors have the best chance of success. We provide professional coaching and music services to help you achieve your goals.
One of the ways we achieve this mission is to foster an inclusive community. We want everyone in the BVC community to feel safe, respected, seen, and heard.
Our Community Guidelines help to define how we will be in community with each other, and as we continue to learn and grow, our Guidelines will evolve. By attending to these Guidelines, we can co-create this inclusive community together.
- Respect each other’s identities
- This means that we don’t assume the pronouns, backgrounds, ethnicities, sexual orientations, or gender identities of any of our members. Members can share as much or as little about themselves as they feel comfortable.
- Use inclusive language
- Words are powerful, and we aim to ensure that everyone in the community is treated equally and with respect. Be mindful of language that can marginalize members of our community.
- Be mindful of confidentiality
- As singing actors, we are often working in a vulnerable space. We expect our members to treat class time as a confidential and safe working space. Recordings, pictures or videos of class time are not allowed to be shared. If we as admins wish to archive videos of class time, we will always ask for explicit permission.
- Offer only positive observations to fellow members
- We encourage giving positive feedback to fellow members in class. The most helpful comments are those that highlight changes, transformations, and improvements. At no time should a member offer critique or suggestions to a fellow member.
- No comparisons, please. We are all unique artists on our own journeys—no need to compare or compete against anyone else!
- Reach out for help
- We are here to support you, but we can only help if we know what is going on. Reach out sooner than later if you are struggling for any reason.
- Harmful comments
- Comments about one’s sex, gender, age, ability, race, ethnicity, religion, political affiliation, citizenship, and/or any other identity factor — will not be permitted or accepted.
- Disrespecting pronouns
- We will ask that members put their pronouns next to their names, and that all members use them respectfully.
- Stirring up drama
- This is one of those things that is hard to define, but we know it when we see it. Leave the drama to the stage!
- Sharing private content
- We ask that you not share content on the website with folks who are not BVC members. No screenshots, no PDF sharing, and no shared logins will be tolerated.
- Be mindful of confidentiality with content shared in classes
- Goodbye Posts
- If you decide to leave the membership, we will miss you! We simply ask that you don’t post a big “goodbye” anywhere on our membership site or group chats.
If we feel that anyone has violated our Community Guidelines, we will reach out to privately discuss the matter. If it happens again, you will receive a written warning. Repeated violations will result in removal from the community.
When you enroll in Broadway Vocal Coach, you agree to the following studio policies:
- I am 18 years or older. (Applies to the adult BVC Membership, not Academy or Aspire programs)
- I have read the community guidelines and agree to them.
- I agree to not share any of the information in the BVC Membership with parties or people outside of the BVC Membership platform. This includes screenshots, PDF’s, audio recordings, video recordings, or any other forms of media. Doing so will mean my immediate removal from the membership.
- I understand and agree that once enrolling in BVC, my payment method will be charged on a recurring, monthly basis until I cancel. When/if I decide to cancel, I can login to my membership dashboard and cancel before my next membership renewal date. No refunds will be given or back-dated.
Pause or Cancel your Membership
Per our studio policies, at this time we do not offer full or partial refunds. Please join us for classes through the remainder of your billing cycle, and let us know if there’s other services we can provide you during this time.
You have a couple of options when it comes to pausing your membership. First, you can cancel your membership and simply re-join when you are ready to return. To do that, login to the membership dashboard, click on the circle in the top right corner, select Settings > Billing Info, then “cancel.”
If you want to pause for a fixed period of time and have your payment set to auto-renew on a certain date, we can do that for you! Just let us know when you want your membership to renew.
Either way, you’ll retain access to the membership dashboard, Facebook group, and our live classes through the end of your billing cycle.